Legal Secretary move in-house! If you’re a legal secretary longing for a substantial level of involvement, security or just a more enjoyable career, then this global leisure company could have the perfect role. They are now looking to recruit a Legal PA to join their in-house legal team and take on a highly involved and highly rewarding role supporting their senior lawyers. They are describing the role as much more ‘legal assistant’ than legal secretary and it is hoped that their new PA will quickly get up to speed with this small but fun loving legal team. Based in their City HQ (St Paul’s), this role will support both the UK and European businesses, as well as liaising with their panel of advising law firms. They are hoping to meet legal secretaries either looking to make their first in-house move, or a legal secretary who is already in-house and wants to switch into something more involved.
Duties will include:
- Act as liaison between the attorney and other employees and outside counsel.
- Revise, edit, and proofread legal documents.
- Prepare for transaction closings including preparation of execution documents.
- Compose, type, and transmit correspondence; type/merge, red-line.
- Track correspondence requiring responses and keep attorneys apprised of status.
- Screen telephone calls; handle matters not requiring the recipient’s attention; refer calls to other appropriate parties for handling; organise meetings and conference calls.
- Coordinate and maintain calendars for attorneys.
- Create and maintain desk files and permanent files, including up-to-date filing
- Review all incoming mail and bring priority items to the recipient’s attention.
- Handle all travel arrangements, prepare expense reports, and process check requests.
Planning and Organising
Manage calendar for attorneys, including scheduling and cancelling meetings, and handling high-priority scheduling issues. Coordinate calendars with Administrative Assistants for Senior Leaders and other associates.
- Maintain Contacts and coordinate communications with all parties to transactions.
- Make travel arrangements and coordinate logistics including transportation, reservations, and lodging arrangements. Prepare expense reports.
- Prepare and edit lengthy legal documents, presentations, agendas, memos, letters, spreadsheets, and other business documents.
- Take notes during meetings.
- Review all incoming mail and forward to the appropriate attorney, and bring priority items to the attention of the supervisor or the responsible attorney, as appropriate; track matters requiring response/action and keep supervisor apprised of status.
- Assist with or take lead role in special projects as requested.
- Assist Chief Legal Counsel and others with overflow as requested.
Salary £38,000 – £40,000 + health care, pension, subsidised catering etc. For more information please contact GR Law for more details quoting ref: 83726 or call us to discuss what other legal secretarial, legal PA and legal document production roles we have that could match what you’re looking for. We recruit at all levels from Legal Secretaries, Document Production Technicians and Paralegals for leading City and West End law firms and in-house legal departments.
Job Reference: 83726
Salary: £38000 - £40000 per annum + Perks
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: